Helm is a tool that automates the creation, packaging, configuration, and deployment of Kubernetes applications by combining your configuration files into a single reusable package.
- Reduced complexity of deployments
- More reproducible deployments and results
- Ability to leverage Kubernetes with a single CLI command
- Ability to re-use Helm charts across multiple environments
- More streamlined CI/CD pipeline
- Easier rolling back to previous versions of an app
A Helm chart is a package that contains all the necessary resources to deploy an application to a Kubernetes cluster. This includes YAML configuration files for deployments, services, secrets, and config maps that define the desired state of your application.