What is Kubernetes?
Kubernetes is an Orchestration tool managing multiple workloads running across a cluster of nodes.
What are the 10 feature which we need at prod level, Kubernetes has it
- Persistent Storage
- Load Balancing
- Auto replication
- Automatic deployments
- Auto-restart of applications
- cluster logging
- storage orchestration
- patching quickly underlying applicaitons and k8s for regular updates
- Architecture of Kubernetes and few lines for each component The architecture contains of Master nodes and worker nodes.
- Master node comprises: Controller Manager - manages controllers in cluster. controllers - controls loops and watches state of cluster. Scheduler - assigns pods to nodes Api server - communicates to controller & scheduler etcd - key value store used asfor all cluster data
- Worker node comprises Pods - smallest unit representing an instance . May contain 1 or more container. Kubelet - creates, destroys, updates container nodes Proxy - manages network across nodes.
- What is POD, write a 10 lines explaination on POD
POD is the smallest deployable unit in K8s.
Can contain 1 or more containers.
single instance running process in a cluster.