What is Observability and its advantage?
It is reactive in a way that it will gives information that why the monitoring not working. It helps in debuging the system. Metrics, Traces and Logs are the pillars.
- It helps in time saving
- It increases automation
- Actionable alerting
- Real time integration dashboard
- Real user monitoring, etc
Difference between Observability and Monitoring?
- Monitoring is a proactive method where we can check if the system is available or healthy.
- Observability is a reactive method where we will be debugging the system when an issue occurs.
What is Datadog?
- It is a service which collects Metrics, Traces, Logs and presents the visualization of those collected. It has 600+ integrations.
- It uses Microservices architecture
- It collects the info of availability, performance and reliability for Application, Network and Server.
What is Datadog Agent and How it works?
- It is a light weight software installed on the host.
- It reports metrics and events from the host to datadog.
- It is written in Go Lang.
Component of Datadog Agent and short intro for each
- Collector - collects all standard metrics
- DogStatsD - The statsD code is modified with extension. It accepts metrices, events and services checks.
- Forwarder - Forwards the info from collector and DogstatsD over HTTPS to the datadog.