- Kubernetes is an container orchestration system which helps in High availability, Scalability and Auto healing of the containers.
- It was developed by Google and maintained as open source by CNCF.
- It plays a huge role in maintaining containers in large scale.
- Kubernetes will be consider data center as a one machine
- It makes deployment easy
- It provides Self Healing of the containers
- It also ensures maintaining high scalability and availability of containers in large scale
- It can also provide features like storage and network orchestration
- Helps in effective service discovery and load balancing
- It provides security
- Kubernetes will be consider data center as a one machine (cluster) and it works based on master-worker model
Api Server: Will receive json inputs and provides response (Eg: any requests, state of pods)
Cluster Store: Stores each changes (eg: cluster state, configs) in etcd database
Controller Manager: Watches for the changes in loop
Kube Scheduler: Will schedule work to worker pod
Kublet: Will register node with cluster, keep watching api server for work and instantiates the node and reports back to master
Container Engine: Where our actual containerization works
Kube-proxy: It will act as a proxy server inside cluster